“One key to success is to have lunch at the time of day most people have breakfast. -Robert Brault
There is something to be said about the morning. It’s so pretty, so quiet, so peaceful. The sky is magnificent, the birds are chirping and you have that amazing cup of coffee all to yourself. Upon walking outside you feel the chill air brisk across yourself, almost as if there air has energy itself. You take a deep breath and soak it all in, it’s the birth of a new day!
Mornings for most of us become the best time to spend time with US! In this hour you find that it is just you and your thoughts, it gives you time to start figuring out life.
Here are a few things you can do when you wake up a little earlier:
1. Reflect. There’s no better time to be reflect. Write down your stream of consciousness with no filter. I find that getting your subconscious thoughts out of your head and onto paper allows you to determine what you should and shouldn’t do moving forward.
2. Decide Your Day. We’ve all been there we wake up 5 minutes before our day starts and we rush the rest of the day. There is no better time to wake up and start to set your plan for the day. There’s something about the stillness that brings calm to the mind and allows you to really focus on what’s important.
3. Tranquil. Our lives are so busy that our mind never turns off. Next morning simply take time to clear your mind of all the thoughts. This is where you will start to get in tune with you and ultimately will allow you to get to know yourself. The same self that pervades all things. Feel how you feel when your body is in a state of nothingness.
4. Move. Any movement is helpful, be it simple stretches by yourself or coming to take a Greatly Gracious class, just allow the endorphins to enter your body. Whatever you choose moving will not only wake up your mind and body but it will prepare you to take on the day.
5. Pre-Work. Starting early gives you a head start to all your projects. In addition, the peacefulness in the morning allows your creativity to flow, which is typically lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
For most of us these sound lovely and the “idea” of waking up makes us immediately think “it’s too early!” A solution is not to go from 8AM to waking up at 5AM but rather to do increments. Just wake up 15 minutes earlier every day, no drastic steps necessary and eventually you will arise at that 5AM (or earlier) goal!
Ultimately try waking up earlier even if it’s only 2 minutes earlier. Be gentle with yourself. Know that everything is a process of growth and every day is meant to serve you.